Pattou

Selection tools : no improvements

Hi,

As specified before, it is quite difficult to use the selection tools in APh for Windows... I do not see improvements in beta 209.

P

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Gpu acceleration is an important feature missing in the Windows version of APH. gpu acceleration provides at least 10 times the speed, high-performance gpu acceleration is necessary.
I also use the macos version of APH, where the metal has been significantly accelerated since 1.7, making full use of the powerful gpu. APH for windows can not effectively use gpu, which is a huge speed difference

As far as I know, Adobe PS uses openCL, openCV, and openGL to speed up their applications on Windows, while APH for windows is empty.

APH for macos metal gpu acceleration provides 10x speed for tools and filters and editing, sometimes even more

The lack of gpu acceleration is slow in many cases, which is why gpu acceleration is so important, it is indispensable

23 hours ago, Pattou said:

As specified before, it is quite difficult to use the selection tools in APh for Windows... I do not see improvements in beta 209.

Hi, I think that what you're linking to is an improvement request and this is a beta test forum.

3 hours ago, Ωmega said:

Gpu acceleration is an important feature missing in the Windows version of APH. gpu acceleration provides at least 10 times the speed, high-performance gpu acceleration is necessary.

I can't verify this but I think there is some partial support for GPU acceleration, but afaik it's not a straightforward process to translate the code from.

Also, this is a bet test forum, not a request/suggestion one :)

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

1 hour ago, TEcHNOpls said:

I can't verify this but I think there is some partial support for GPU acceleration, but afaik it's not a straightforward process to translate the code from.

Also, this is a bet test forum, not a request/suggestion one :)

It is almost certain that there is no support for gpu acceleration. I have some knowledge of computer graphics. In order to achieve gpu acceleration,  must use the GPGPU application interface, because the Windows version of APH only uses DX11 for rendering images to the screen buffer. So GPU acceleration does not exist.
I heard that they are doing windows gpu acceleration, I know the code takes time.
I seem to break the rules of the forum, thank you for reminder :)