You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ruler Origin Bug

Working with Publisher 1.7.0.206.

There appears to be a bug with resetting ruler origins on pages/spreads. I noticed the following with a 4-page, facing-pages document:

1. When repositioning the ruler origin on page 1, the zero point of the Y coordinate is correctly repositioned, but the X coordinate is not. (See illustration)
  2. When repositioning the ruler origin on page 2, the zero point of the X coordinate is correctly repositioned, but the Y coordinate is not. (See illustration)
  3. When repositioning the ruler origin on page 4, the zero point of the X coordinate is correctly repositioned, but the Y coordinate is not. The error from page 2 appears to have doubled. (See illustration)

The bug does not manifest itself on master pages.

Page 1.png

Page 2.png

Page 4.png

• Staff

Hi Mark,

I'm struggling to reproduce this at the moment. I can see the issue in your screenshots but can't reproduce it with a 4 page facing document.

Can you give me the steps you are taking when you are setting the ruler origins? I'm adding a text frame to the page and then dragging the origin and snapping it to that frame, and the rulers are displaying the origin correctly for both X and Y.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi @Jon P

The steps were quite simple:

1. Launch Publisher 1.7.0.206 on my iMac running OS X 10.13.6
  2. Create a new 4-page, facing-pages document with margins (See attached screenshot)
  3. Attempt to reset ruler origins to top-left corner of page margins by dragging with move tool from corner of rulers to the corner of the page margins.

Just now, I've tried to add shapes and text frames to the pages, and tried to relocate the ruler origin to the upper-left corner of these objects, but I experience the same error.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 9.25.06 AM.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.