You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

zoom frame in the navigator acts funny

it seems that the zoom frame (not sure what you would call it) in the navigator panel (photo persona) has a mind of its own in beta 1.7.0.209

Sometimes it works as it should,  sometimes it decides to show up at 400% or 300% or anywhere, and sometimes not at all. It's like Forest Gump' s box of chocolate or AI gone rogue . Not sure

Can confirm that here.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Hey rudyumans,

I'm not seeing it here. I've got friction burn on my finger from spinning the mouse wheel :7_sweat_smile: so it isn't from lack of trying!

Are you using the slider, clicking or scrolling? How big is your image? If it's really small, it won't appear as long as the entire image is in the viewport. So I've cropped an image and it's pretty small and even at 600% the entire image is in my viewport and I don't see the zoom box.

Any other clues as to how I can reproduce this? Are you able to do a quick recording? If we can see it but not reproduce it, there might be a chance dev can fix it. 

Sorry, I don't know how to record something. Never needed it so never looked for it.

I use the slider, clicking and scrolling depending on my mood. It happens with all image sizes, but frankly that shouldn't make any difference with most images under normal circumstances and as long as the image is larger than the viewing area, which doesn't take much with my images. Many of my images are tiffs scanned at 2400 or more dpi for restorations. (reduced at export)

I don't have this problem in 1.6.5.123

If you can still see the whole image at 600%, it must have been the size of a postage stamp and none of my images are that small.

It seems that I am not the only one with this issue. Thanks Ron for confirming.

Tried again this morning, and it's not doing the same thing now. The Navigation box in the Navigation window does not appear until >29%. It remains there for me this morning, until I get to <29%.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Don't worry about the video. Could you do a screenshot instead? 

I've tried it with a 2400 DPI image and my zoom box is the size of a single pixel when I use more than 350% because I think it's just so tiny. But you are obviously seeing nothing so the screenshot might help.

Comparing 1.6 and 1.7 I see the same result. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.