You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid horizontal lines move relative to the origin when scrolling

Hi everyone.

I have baseline grid and the normal grid enabled.

Without changing any setting the "normal" grid moves relativ to its origin.

The attached screenshots were made while scrolling. You can see that the horizontal lines are not aligned with the red line of the origin.

I would expect that the horizontal lines stay in the same place (as the vertical lines already do)

Best,

Markus

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-17 um 21.57.02.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-17 um 21.57.08.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-17 um 21.57.16.png

• 1 month later...

Ah, I'm wondering if this is the same problem that I'm having here: 

I have a grid spaced to three decimal places, to allow for leading that's exactly divisible by the page height. Scrolling to the bottom and playing around with the spacing settings, the baseline grid appears to behave as expected, whereas the document grid does its own thing. I thought maybe it was rounding to a lower number of decimal places, but it often seems to be off at the top of the page as well, so I think the origin might be out of position, but I can't find a setting to change it?

Mine is spaced to decimals too, but the behaviour seems to be a bit different. Instead of a rounding error, where the lines would maybe get apart the further down you go on the page, the grid just jumps around randomly while scrolling. 

I made a short video of the behaviour. You can see that the grid position changes on the whole page while the baseline grid stays exactly where it should.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.