You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A test PDF seems far too large

I am new to Affinity Publisher. I have  produced an A4 document with the following text in 36 point Goudita SF and then produced a PDF document.

This is a document produced using the Serif Affinity software package.

Yet the PDF document has a size of 384.95 kilobytes whereas whole chapters of my novel produced using PagePlus X7 are around 25 kilobytes typically.

The text appears to be in characters as I did a copy and paste from the PDF document to WordPad and then deleted the some of characters one by one, then changed the font of the rest.

Any ideas why the PDF document is so big please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

I am thinking that this has something to do with the PDF being produced using the PDF (for print) choice because when I produced a later PDF, that include two more characters from different fonts as well, using he PDF (for web) choice, the result is 17 kilobytes in size.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

• Staff

Hi William Overington,

Welcome to the forums!

The size of that file still seems relatively small if possible could you provide the publisher file in question?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi William

when I use the For web preset in the export window the file i get is only 14kb please could you try this and tell me the size you get?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Do you still get a file size of more than 380 KB when you choose the ‘PDF (for print)’ option? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)