You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 1 year later...

Lagarto, do I understand right that you want to define a PANTONE color swatch with your custom values (e.g. a yellow you created yourself first)? If yes, I think that must not work, to avoid 'individual', customized Pantone colors which have no corresponding ink. PANTONE are limited sets of fixed inks and that way quite different to a more flexible color model like HSL, RGB or CMYK where you may define any color within the model.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Ah, the naming issue. Yes, the auto names of swatches, not only Pantone, is not helpful in Affinity.

Especially with Pantone it appears unnecessary weird since the real PANTONE name is shown as spot color name in the Colours panel and also named correctly as printing channel/ink.

1589276392_pantoneauto-nameglobal.jpg.663400039e0ac13ba6930caf710ede76.jpg  >>  1426982384_pantoneauto-namepantone.jpg.87507636cf9f3a54f81111e62e115c31.jpg

I assume this auto-naming is a 'leftover' from ADesigner, where colors are expected to get custom named related to graphic objects ("sunny yellow" ;•)
Whereas in APub color definitions could be more useful as names.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1