You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Redrawing fails, a lot

Uploading right now. You can start by enabling the group that is disabled and try moving some objects inside. I also sent a screenshot of how it looks.

Also, pleas take a look at the other file, I marked the issue in 16bpp mode (it disappears in 8bpp).

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• Staff

Hey TEcHNOpls,

I can see a pretty bad redraw issue where the render tiles go black and seem to stay like that for a little bit longer than I'd expect (a second or so as opposed to a flash). However, I cannot get them to stick in place or get the transparency you've mentioned. 

Does it happen as soon as you open the file or do you have to be working on it for a while? 

The files don't really strain my average-spec machine either. However, if I open it on my MacBook Pro i7 performance is very poor which is very unexpected to be honest. I'll give the files to the developers.

Also, the halo issue doesn't seem present on Mac but it does Windows so that's another issue to log.

---------

Update

- I've logged an issue with the halo on Windows (doesn't affect Mac as I said above)
- I've also logged the fact the file runs poorly with Metal Compute enabled on the Mac but also mentioned the severe redraw issue we can see on Windows. They might request a separate bug report for this but it could just be a more severe tile rendering issue that we've seen in other files.

• Staff

We've had a big development.

Our friendly neighbourhood @James Ritson noticed you had a pixel selection (he found it from the Channels panel). If you deselect this, the file should stop doing the redraw issue. Let me know if that helps.

I'll send you some videos/instructions how I got this transparency issue, once I get home.
Even if pixel selection is the culprit, I don't think it should work like this.

The Halos effect is indeed a separate issue, but I think it needs to be investigated.

• Staff
Just now, TEcHNOpls said:

Even if pixel selection is the culprit, I don't think it should work like this.

We've seen hidden or accidental pixel selections cause issues before. I know active selections use a lot of resources but it shouldn't be causing this behaviour. 

1. How did you spot that selection? I can't see anything that shows there is a selection.

2. With selection I can get these transparent redraws. Enable the marked group and try rotating the elements inside, sometimes it's OK sometimes it fails

image.png.b0888b851a3c441f5c63a78d7e4614e8.png

image.png.ee8373db330566c9b6203e26a9bbed99.png

image.thumb.png.97487bf9d8d6e297a7cae0307378ff31.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.