You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color picker tool does not display layer properly

When in the Color picker tool (eyedropper) changes of the layer selected from the layer panel do not change which layer is indicated by the blue outline in the drawing.

I don't know if this is related to this report of not. 

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Gear maker,

All selections are hidden when the colour picker tool is selected (to avoid picking any unwanted colours from the selection region), this is the same for snapping candidates. However when I change tool, the snapping candidates has been updated to represent any layers I had selected in the Layers Panel. 

Is this not what you are seeing? If so could you record a video please?

Sean, that's strange as the blue selection is never hidden on mine.  Even in 1.6.1 I have worried that it would influence the color selected, but I've never found that it did.  In fact 1.6.1 does acts exactly the same as 1.7.0.3

It's confusing because if there are several items about the same I am never sure which one is what is selected in the layer panel.

In the attached the Color picker tool is selected (not the eyedropper in the Color panel).  No modifiers are being held down.

1.7.0.3, Separated mode, Color Picket Tool.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.