You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filter Forge v8 plugin in AP 1.6: not working

I saw on the AP supported plugins page that the Filter Forge plugin v6 was fully supported in AP 1.5.  On the FF site, they say their new FF v8 version fully supports AP 1.5.  However, I have the latest version of AF 1.6.5 for Win 10 x64, and I cannot get FF v8 plugin working.  It does install correctly, shows up in the plugins menu, launches as a plugin (or alternately, as a standalone app), and will then render a preview of your image and their various effects.  

However, the picture with effects applied is not successfully round-tripped back to AP 1.6 and rendered there.  I tried:  multiple photo images, multiple file types, multiple color bit depths, didn't matter. The result was always that the plugin and AP 1.6 hang, and both have to manually killed from Windows Task Manager.

Has anyone gotten FF v8, or any recent version for that matter, working in AP 1.6?  

Update:  I submitted an issue to FF as well. 

I use copy/paste.

• Copy the image from AP
  • Paste into FF
  • Apply filter
  • Copy/paste back into Affinity Photo

Although it's nice when a filter creator adds a source option.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I just tried Filter Forge 7 Pro with Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and it worked fine. I used a filter with an obvious effect (a distortion) to make sure the returned image was as intended.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

That's good to hear, so at least it works with the most recent version - 1.   I'll be interested to hear if FF replies to my query about v8.  Not sure if it's their issue, or mine, but these were clean installs and the only thing I did was point to the installation directory from AP.  Note that I did run FF v8 standalone, and it works ok doing that.  

I have just tried Filter Forge 7 in the latest Beta and I get an error message: <class XFW::ArgumentError> The handle 00000046D01EDD00 is not a valid window handle.  I have completed their bug report.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

1 hour ago, John Rostron said:

I have just tried Filter Forge 7 in the latest Beta and I get an error message: <class XFW::ArgumentError> The handle 00000046D01EDD00 is not a valid window handle.  I have completed their bug report.

John

Filter Forge 7 works fine for me in 1.7 beta but not in the 1.6.7 although I am on Mac.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions