You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I 'liked' some  topics on the publisher forum, but there are to much topics.

Since I am working with PagePlus since 2010, I hoped that Publisher would become a very renovating upgrade to it. But I cannot choose for Affinity Publisher until now:

I expected:

1. The possibility to work together with colleges over the cloud or remote working
  2. I really respected the Start Screen of PPX9 where I could choose my older work since 2010
  3. Compatabillity with Indesign and QuarkXpress should be normal these days
  4. Still missing the links to Persona's because I purchased Affinity and Designer

Can I expact those features or will you go on with the developping of PagePlus.

Please do not answer with a simply 'no' but give me arguments. Untill now Publisher is not a solution for me.

PagePlus will definitely not developed further.
If you try to buy it there is a big warning sign saying it will get no more updates.

As far as I understood there should be no choice stress since PagePlus X9 works like a charm under Windows 10.
So you still can use it for a while.

The personas will follow as I understood.

For the imports: They will come eventually, but not now.
You have to import a PDF export if you want to test the beta.

See those topics:

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

On 12/16/2018 at 12:00 AM, peterterhorst said:

Since I am working with PagePlus since 2010, I hoped that Publisher would become a very renovating upgrade to it. But I cannot choose for Affinity Publisher until now:

I expected:

1. The possibility to work together with colleges over the cloud or remote working
  2. I really respected the Start Screen of PPX9 where I could choose my older work since 2010
  3. Compatabillity with Indesign and QuarkXpress should be normal these days
  4. Still missing the links to Persona's because I purchased Affinity and Designer

Can I expact those features or will you go on with the developping of PagePlus.

Please do not answer with a simply 'no' but give me arguments. Untill now Publisher is not a solution for me.

@NauticalMile @thomaso @jmwellborn

For your reference as this seems to be confused often:

This is where I draw the line and would speak of "complaining up to demanding".

Not speaking of "feature requests" and "wishes" but "expectations" is for me personally a very big difference in tone like day and night.

A wish is "I need/want InDesign import", a feature request sounds like "I think InDesign import should be implemented because of (reasons)".

A complaint is "oh, this software has no indesign import. This is normal nowadays. So this is a failure. I expect you to bring it.".

Here the further development of the legacy range is demanded by saying "either you fulfill my expectations or you have to bring more updates to PagePlus".

And he demands to be given arguments why not ignoring all discussion that happened before. As if Serif has to explain themself.

One can ask "hey, do you know why... ?" or "can you please tell me...". Complete different story.

@peterterhorst Sorry for taking your post as a example to show what tone I personally feel as complaining. This is not meant to offend you. I do not critice you as a person, only the behaviour you show in this post (as receipt by me). I want to adress the complaining tone this topic can be read in you may not have been aware of until now. I'm sure you are a good person.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

On 12/15/2018 at 6:00 PM, peterterhorst said:

And here is yet another one.

working with PagePlus since 2010, I hoped that Publisher would become a very renovating upgrade to it

Publisher is not an upgrade to or continuation of PagePlus.  It is a completely new application being developed with a different philosophy from PagePlus and built on a different foundation.  The features will probably never match exactly and those which will be added may take some time.

The possibility to work together with colleges over the cloud or remote working

This is called eMail and is already available in various forms as a 3rd-party companion application.  Integrated functionality to do this is not a normal feature of productivity applications and I'm not sure why you would be expecting this when it was never advertised as a feature we should be expecting.

I really respected the Start Screen of PPX9 where I could choose my older work since 2010

It is nice that you respected this.  QuarkXPress does this also, but Affinity Publisher currently does not.  This strikes me as a very reasonable feature request but it hardly strikes me as essential.

Compatabillity with Indesign and QuarkXpress should be normal these days

There are already multiple threads discussing this, including one major large one that is pinned.

Still missing the links to Persona's because I purchased Affinity and Designer

I'm assuming you mean Photo and Designer?  This will be unlocked later in the beta cycle, as the features are apparently not quite ready yet.

Can I expact those features

I personally would not expect #1, though only Serif could answer for sure.  InDesign IDML import might come later but will not likely be in the 1.7 release.  #4 is coming later in the beta cycle.

will you go on with the developping of PagePlus

Serif has stated quite definitively that PagePlus is no longer being developed.

Untill now Publisher is not a solution for me.

Then for now use something else.