I want to print 4 pages of A5 on one A4 sheet, so the A4 will be landscape but printed on a printer that prints A4 portrait.

The trailing edge needs to be 16mm, the other edges 3mm. Using Facing Pages, Publisher allows me to set the outside margins at 16mm, but I will only want 16mm for the right-hand margin of the right-hand pages. The left-hand margin of left-hand pages needs to be 3mm. Is there a way of doing this? If not, can you please add the facility to the Facing Pages section?

Is it just a 4-page document?

If so, perhaps you could simply setup your document as 4 individual pages, then in the Print dialog print them 4-up, and just set the page margin for the physical page in the Print dialog.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Thanks. I get the idea, but it's very fiddly, and when it comes to an 8-page booklet, wanting to impose pages, it'll be more fiddly still. I'd find it easier to ignore the faulty margin and add a guide to the master page. I would anticipate that many people will have this issue, so if you could put it on the list for an extra development I'd be grateful.

Good point.

Have you tried telling Publisher to use the Booklet mode for printing? I wonder if that would help with your margin issues. You really shouldn't have to worry about the physical page margins when you're setting up your pages for a booklet. That should be done at print time, and I think it can be (though I haven't had time to try it yet).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Booklet mode seems okay, but it doesn’t answer my issue. I use margins at design time, to mark out the areas of the page which need leaving blank because the printer won’t print them. I therefore want to set the margins to match what the printer prints. I’m assuming that it would be a small matter to add to the Facing Pages section the facility to set margins for left and right pages independently of each other, rather than making them mirror images of each other.