You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can we have an option to single click to select a page rather than double click, no matter how much I try I cannot get my head around single click gives me a blue border but the actual page I am working on / add text to could be 10 pages away. In my work, I swap pages often and just want to click on a page for it to have editing focus.

To put it strongly this is becoming my most hated feature of Publisher, ignoring growing pains all the other features I either love or can get used to, but this one sorry but no.

3 hours ago, haakoo said:

Look at your statusbar bottom left.

You can scroll through the pages by the forward/backward buttons
You can scroll through the pages with the wheelmouse while hovering over the page  number
You can click in the page number and manualy select the page you want to go to.

Nevertheless, a reverse colouring would be more logical and intuitive:
Dominant Color -> Edit Page
Non-dominant color -> Select page/-s

3 hours ago, haakoo said:

You can scroll through the pages with the wheelmouse while hovering over the page  number

Where exactly do you hover to make that work? I can't seem to find any place where the page number is displayed that responds to the wheel on my mouse.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

54 minutes ago, Michail said:

I agree.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

57 minutes ago, Michail said:

Bottom left:
image.png.5e6e5cca34a073f04c76b4e13c5f9997.png

No matter where I hover the pointer in that section of the Status bar, it only toggles between the first & last page spread of the document -- it is not possible to scroll to any intermediate page spread. Even that only works with some but not all the pointing devices I regularly use, unlike everywhere else in the UI of all the Affinity apps (beta or retail) where they all work equally well.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

15 minutes ago, R C-R said:

No matter where I hover the pointer in that section of the Status bar, it only toggles between the first & last page spread of the document -- it is not possible to scroll to any intermediate page spread. Even that only works with some but not all the pointing devices I regularly use, unlike everywhere else in the UI of all the Affinity apps (beta or retail) where they all work equally well.

It works for me over the whole area (Windows):
Pages.gif

1 hour ago, Michail said:

FWIW, I mentioned elsewhere that on Macs the highlight color used for selections is set globally in System Preferences, so it could be anything, including the same or very nearly the same color as is used to indicate the current page.

So I think it is obvious we need some better way of distinguishing selected from current pages!

Affinity Photo 

3 minutes ago, Michail said:

It works for me over the whole area (Windows):
Pages.gif

Unfortunately, it does not work that way for me in the Mac version. :(

Affinity Photo 

3 hours ago, Michail said:

Does it possibly work if you click into the field beforehand? I can then both enter a page number and scroll.

I can click, enter a page number, press return, & jump to that page, but that is all. When I click into the field, the current page number disappears, & scrolling still does not work, just toggles between the first & last page of the document..

Also, after clicking & jumping to a page, nothing shows in the number field -- not the original page number or the new one I have jumped to.

Affinity Photo 

@R C-R

I guess it's time to open a bug report in the Mac sub-forum for this.

It's working under Windows 10 as expected.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471