Hello.

I am working on comic book lettering and using Groups to prepare the balloons for future slicing to PNG format (they are inputs for comic book composer we are developing). I try to keep it clean and organized by using simple naming code "LANGUAGE platform ###" e.g CZE mobil 001, CZE mobil 002, etc. Sometimes I need to split the ballon and/or add new one which messing up the order.

I usually put there an extra letter (001a, 001b...) but I would prefer to keep numbers only.

Is there any chance to rename all groups in 1 step by defining syntax I described above?

I found the batch renaming for Slices is not possible but what about the Groups, Layers...?

1011817312_Snimkaobrazovky2018-12-15o8_42_07.thumb.jpg.23f0d882e777d88428ac13c38f51b4e0.jpg

@Milos MicatekHmm, if those drawings do export & (re)import correctly to SVG (?) you can try to rework and apply the whole on a text editing basis via scripting etc. instead, since SVG is wholly text based. - Meaning here concrete that all setup layer group names have associated IDs like ...

<g id="CZE-mobil-002" serif:id="CZE mobil 002">
<g id="CZE-mobil-001" serif:id="CZE mobil 001">

... which you can parse for through the whole file. It's basically nothing more as setting up a counter (counting either up or down for those ID occurrences, a number increment/decrement) combined with a find/replace then for the number part of an ID (the layer naming number portion).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan

@v_kyr I am not very familiar with scripting language. Anyway the inputs for Nanits composer are PNG files, the balloons and text with transparent background.

263383959_Snimkaobrazovky2018-12-19o20_30_52.thumb.jpg.2a03dcaf1830f85fc977dd54153638a7.jpg

Yes, I can rename those files later but my question was if there is an implemented batch renaming functionality which obviously is not (thanks @GabrielM for your answer). Maybe it should be added to requested features... 

Well this batch renaming of layers is more or less an individual organization demand feature (in your special case here) and I don't know if other users also might have a demand for this. Meaning here, it makes only sense to implement such a feature at all, if a bunch of people have a need for these things.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.0 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.0 ◆ OSX El Capitan