You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copying from one doc to another does not preserve image integrity

Wondering if I've done something wrong or if I've seen a bug. Copying an edited photo to anther window seems not to preserve at least the Depth of Field Blur position.

Per the Affinity Photo video tutorial on printing, I took an edited photo, selected all layers, copied it and then pasted it into a new document the size of the print I want. See the attached screenshot of the two photos side-by-side. The left one is the printing image; the right is as I edited it. Look carefully at the front piece of chocolate's front-left edge. It is blurred. Now look at that same piece in the edited image and you see it is sharp.

I did not flatten the image as I copied it to the clipboard ... but I would still expect everything in a source image to be kept in a copied image.

I also shrinked the image to fit on the printer page - but again I would expect that any adjustments I make to an image would be respected as proportional when resized.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

Thanks.

Right - as edited, Left - copied to new Printing document.png

Honestly I can't see much difference here from those photos and looking at them made me now just having cravings for such fancy chocolates. :15_yum:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

v_kyr -

"... looking at them made me now just having cravings for such fancy chocolates"

My daughter just started a business making these chocolates. If you happen to live near Port Townsend, WA in the United States she'll be happy to whip up a dozen or so for you.

I get to help her by sharing my three lifelong passions: photography (semi-pro hobby), product marketing and promotion (profession), and eating (joy!).

Too bad I live far away from your location in Europe, but damn those look great and if they taste how they look, hmmm delicious!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2