You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print tiling, how to adjust?

Hello, long time illustrator user but newbie affinity designer user. In illustrator when printing to an 8 1/2 x 11 printer I was able to move the art preview in the print preview dialog box so that it best fit my page. I do not seem to be able to do this any longer in Affinity Designer. I have tried to compensate by adjusting the art board size. I am getting very strange results where for example a document that fit on 2 pages was divided over 4 pages with 2 of the pages blank. Is there an easy way to adjust from which point in the artwork the program prints? In illustrator there was the page tool which allows you to place the print area whereever you want it in the document. I have not seen such a tool so far in Affinity Designer but maybe I am missing it? Thank you very much

• Staff

Hi @V Silly,

Welcome to the forums. 

Designer has only got a basic Print Dialogue. You have only got 3 options:
image.png
We always recommend starting a new document the size of your paper and then copy/paste or place the project you want to print and arrange it accordingly. 

Thanks,
Gabe. 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, Seizmic said:

I'm having a tiling issue where everything looks ready to go in preview, I click print, printer spools up..... and then nothing happens. 

Any ideas as to what's going on here? 

Please provide details of your operating system, your printer make and model, and which Affinity app(s) you’re trying to print from.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Please provide details of your operating system, your printer make and model, and which Affinity app(s) you’re trying to print from.

I won't put you through all that!

I just set up the tiling, exported to .pdf & printed from Preview. 

Further an Affinity app screenshot of the tilings setup you were going to print might also be helpful here, in order to determine what might be going on.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

3 minutes ago, Seizmic said:

I just set up the tiling, exported to .pdf & printed from Preview.

You probably mean an Affinity print preview, or do you mean MacOS Preview.app? - If the later can show up the exported PDF correctly, then it's more a matter of your OS & printer driver.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

On 3/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, v_kyr said:

You probably mean an Affinity print preview, or do you mean MacOS Preview.app? - If the later can show up the exported PDF correctly, then it's more a matter of your OS & printer driver.

correct - Mac Preview app