You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bind cyrillic keys for shortcuts

Hi everyone!

I've switched to Affinity software lately and I'm pretty much enjoying working with it. But one thing is really annoying: The binds on the keyboard work only with English keys.

So, if the keyboard switched to Cyrillic input (russian\ukrainian\ etc) - the shortcuts just don't work. For example, a classic "[" and "]" to adjust brush size. I have to switch to English to get shortcuts working. Sometimes it's getting really annoying.

Best regards.

Same with german keys... (but there are just a few keyz on "wrong" places), but however, you can at least re-assagin each functionality to each key(combo) you want. Preferences -Shortcuts... If there is a warning is indicating that the key(combo) is used by another tool/function... and a arrow indicates that key is used for skippiing eg. tools. mousover there and you will see, where this key is also used. Delete it than manually. Maybe it will take some time, but you get the best logically scheme for your choice... so If ready, i would suggest that you save that file also anywhere outside AP. 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

The thing is I can only set a new shortcut instead of present one. That's mean shortcuts wouldn't be working with Eng keys :).

My point is to assign English keys to other local languages keyboard setups. "]" = "ъ", "b" ="и" , etc.

I do not know, if i get you! Do you mean the localization is not in cyrillic and you see only latin-letters? In this case, well only Serif can fix that.

But if ask is a technically challenge, you could use better touch tool (mac) for extraordinary stunts to tweak your keyz, separatly for each app and with presets for different setups...  if you wish.

Or, maybe thats help: 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!