You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Autosave Issues with Build 206

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the offer. If you have cleared it, fair enough, but ideally we’d want the contents of your autosave directory which you would find here - %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher Beta\1.0\autosave. I think that’s about right, not best placed to double check right now, unfortunately! But we’d also need your original documents too as the autosave files are incremental changes from these.

Thanks. I'll see what I can find there. Most of my Publisher files at this point have been, for the most part, creations intended to check certain functions and may not have ever been saved completely. So originals may not be available for all of them, but I'll try to figure that out.

Meanwhile, the zipped contents of the autosave folder are 48MB or so. I'll attach them here.

[Edit: I do not know the names of the files that are being recovered, so I can't provide any originals that may exist. And the UI does not initialize enough for me to tell from looking on-screen. If you can tell what the file names are from the autosave files I will find them.]

20181213093010.zip

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Walt,

The original names of the files are as follows:

C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\DarkClown A5 Landscape Vertical Facing-1.afpub
C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\Essex.afpub
C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\Murder_program-1.afdesign
E:\Walt\Documents\affinity\temp\move-linked-test$$.afpub
E:\Walt\Documents\affinity\temp\linktest.afpub
C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\Kettle_Gerrit.afpub

5 hours ago, AdamW said:

Hi Walt,

The original names of the files are as follows:

C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\DarkClown A5 Landscape Vertical Facing-1.afpub
C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\Essex.afpub
C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\Murder_program-1.afdesign
E:\Walt\Documents\affinity\temp\move-linked-test$$.afpub
E:\Walt\Documents\affinity\temp\linktest.afpub
C:\Users\Walt\AppData\Local\Temp\Kettle_Gerrit.afpub

Thanks, Adam. I have located those files, and zipped them. Note that the ones in AppData\Local\Temp were downloads from files posted by other users in these forums, not my own files, but as they were posted publicly here it should be acceptable for me to provide them publicly again :)

The .zip file containing them is 340MB, so I have uploaded them to Dropbox rather than attaching them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3npkgbdp1q23oe/Files.zip?dl=0

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.