You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If you select the image from the layers panel or just click on the image in the workspace using the Move Tool (V) you will see a handle at the top sticking up from the image, that is the rotation bar/handle, pressing and holding shift will lock the rotation to 15º increments, just rotating will move it in fractional degree's, if you want to rotate the image a specific amount use the transform panel and in the entry box at the side of R: type in a degree amount you want.

Transform-Panel-Rotation-Option.png

Be aware of the box on the left in the transform panel, when one of the points is highlighted white that is where the image will rotate from, you can select any of the nine points to rotate the image from but in general its the centre point you will want to select.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Indeed that work with only few problems.
If i example create dodge and burn layer it won't rotate back with picture, and i do have many layers to rotate.
If i wanna keep D&B right place i kind of have to merge visible first and then rotate but problem is that everything what is out of canvas area will be cut off.
I can keep D&G at their spot if i make it grouped with photo but that is annoying because between main pic and D&B layer might be 10 - 15 other adjustment and clone etc layers what i would have to put same group also and then bring those back top of picture same order what those were before.

4 hours ago, StickMeInTheEye said:

Okey.
I found shortcuts for about 15 degrees rotation bit that is sometime hard to press press press...
Would be awesome to get it work with mouse somehow and any degrees...

I think this only is available on the Mac versions, but in Preferences > Tools there is an option to Enable Canvas Rotation with Trackpad. So if you have a Mac with a trackpad (like the one built into Mac laptops or the Apple trackpad peripheral) you can rotate the canvas with a gesture.

Note that this, like the options on the View menu, just rotates the canvas in the workspace window, not any of the layers in the document.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Why don't you group everything and rotate the group?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, StickMeInTheEye said:

Indeed that work with only few problems.
If i example create dodge and burn layer it won't rotate back with picture, and i do have many layers to rotate.
If i wanna keep D&B right place i kind of have to merge visible first and then rotate but problem is that everything what is out of canvas area will be cut off.
I can keep D&G at their spot if i make it grouped with photo but that is annoying because between main pic and D&B layer might be 10 - 15 other adjustment and clone etc layers what i would have to put same group also and then bring those back top of picture same order what those were before.

It is possible if a bit clunky to just select the layers you want to rotate & then either use the rotate handles on the canvas, or set the R value in the Transform panel, to rotate them all at the same time. On the canvas, you can rotate using either the rotate handle sticking out from the selection or any of the corner rotate handles that appear if you hover the cursor in just the right spot near but not on the corner handles.

You also can rotate them precisely about any of the 9 anchor points in the Transform panel, or around an arbitrary rotation center if you enable the "Show Rotation Center" button on the Context Toolbar.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Why don't you group everything and rotate the group?

Because some layers won't work right if those are groups.

6 hours ago, R C-R said:

It is possible if a bit clunky to just select the layers you want to rotate & then either use the rotate handles on the canvas, or set the R value in the Transform panel, to rotate them all at the same time. On the canvas, you can rotate using either the rotate handle sticking out from the selection or any of the corner rotate handles that appear if you hover the cursor in just the right spot near but not on the corner handles.

You also can rotate them precisely about any of the 9 anchor points in the Transform panel, or around an arbitrary rotation center if you enable the "Show Rotation Center" button on the Context Toolbar.

Basically everything should rotate at same time...
Maybe video tell's better how hard it seem to be Affinity vs. Photoshop.
Or my skills with affinity...

Maybe video tell's better how hard it seem to be Affinity vs. Photoshop.

Unfortunately, I can't get all your videos to run on Safari -- I am not sure why -- but from what I can tell from the PS one, in it you are rotating the entire canvas, not any layers. Except for being able to enter a precise rotation angle, that is just like the options on the View menu in Affinity to rotate the canvas in the workspace window, without actually rotating any of the layers in the document.

This is just like rotating a real canvas on an easel or a picture on a wall -- nothing in the picture rotates relative to anything else in the picture. If that is what you want, as I said you can do that either via the View menu options in 15° increments or with a supported trackpad if you have one.

Affinity Photo 

Just wondering why there is that able with pad, i have to keep clicking but wishing that it would someday soon come also able to do with pc and mac.

It's the design of the product, touch and gestures are a big part of how an iPad is used, it's touch by design. I'm sure it will be added at some point just don't expect it next week else all you'll end up being is frustrated. Although Affinity has been out a while now it took Adobe 30+ years to get to where it is now and not without a multitude of forums filled with 10's ,of 1000's of similar questions that you see here.