You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo does not work, can I reinstall with the same product key?

This may be a dumb question but I want to be super sure I don't mess anything up. My new Affinity Photo software only worked for three weeks. Is it possible I could fix it by uninstalling & reinstalling and, if so, would it be safe to use the original product key they sent me when I bought it? Or do they need to send me a new product key before I try this? I can't find any way to contact support. Their site says to use Twitter!

• Staff

Hi peachfront :)

Sorry to hear Affinity Photo isn't working for you! Why does the software need uninstalling please?

You may find that resetting the software fixes your issue, rather than a full reinstall. You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

If you do want to uninstall and reinstall the application, you can use the same product key and email address combination to verify your purchase and don't require a new key to be created. I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

In a similar vein, I am thinking of refreshing Windows on my laptop and Affinity Designer (I don't have Photo on my laptop) is one the programs slated to be uninstalled by Windows in this process. I'm assuming it would be fine going off what you said, Dan C, but I just want to make sure that it'll be fine. Can't really afford to buy it again.

Thanks,

Bertrand

reset.JPG

• Staff

Hi OneMansight :)

Reinstalling Affinity is no issue and you would not need to purchase the software again. Simply log in to your affinity.store account and navigate to the Downloads and Product Keys section in the top right corner and you can download the software and copy your product key from here!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)