You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I don't think so, at least not in the current release of the used library, see LibRaw 0.19 supported cameras and Dcraw which are related. - In the meantime you can use Nikon's ViewNX-i or Capture NX-D instead. - Another possibility might be Adobe's latest DNG converter which supports the Z6/Z7 to convert to DNG format and try that then for reuse in APh. Or some other third party RAW converter.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

Hi Prakash Suthar,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please confirm, are you using Windows or Mac please?

Unfortunately the Serif LABs RAW engine doesn't support this camera currently, but on Mac you have access to the Apple Core RAW engine which supports the Nikon Z7 on Mojave.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi whoster69,

Welcome to the forums :)

The Nikon Z7 is supported by Affinity Photo in our latest version 1.7 beta for Windows, meaning support will be coming to the retail version upon release. In the meantime you can download the beta from the following link!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

No problem at all :)

4 hours ago, whoster69 said:

If I buy Affinity Photo 1.6 now, will I get a free upgrade to 1.7 when it is released?

That's correct, if you purchase Affinity today then you'll receive all 1.x updates for free!

Wow.  That is pushing me closer to buying this.  I may just pick it up in the next few weeks.  I'm extremely busy right now with the end of the school year (I teach 5th grade) so I'll either wait until I can do some more research or just spring for it when I need it.  I'm definitely not going back to Adobe.

I'll also look and see if there is a trial version that I can play with to see how it will suit my needs.

Thanks again Dan!

• Staff

Glad to hear it! We have a 10 day trial of both Photo and Designer available from the following links :) 

Photo - https://affinity.serif.com/photo/trial 
Designer - https://affinity.serif.com/designer/trial

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

We have a 10 day trial of both Photo and Designer available from the following links

Be aware that the trial period starts when you first open the app & ends 10 days later, regardless of how much or little you use it, so it is a good idea not to open it until you have enough spare time available to test it thoroughly before the trial ends. In case you were wondering, any Affinity format documents created while running the trial will open fine if you decide to buy the app, so you won't lose any work.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2018 at 10:04 AM, Dan C said:

Unfortunately the Serif LABs RAW engine doesn't support this camera currently, but on Mac you have access to the Apple Core RAW engine which supports the Nikon Z7 on Mojave.

Thank you for this piece of information!!!

This made my day as Nikons software is (to say the least) not fantastic to work with compared to Affinity and now  i can use Affinity directly!

Spent hours trying to make lens profiles, (or changing perspective with the jpg to match), but its just a nightmare :-)

This with another post that had problems opening RAW files (changing engine in the inspector) got me in the right path and where to change it natevly.

Hopefully support for Z camera and lenses (in file raw lens profile support) will come in the future to all Affinity products.

Again, thank you!