You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer not installing

Good day 

I had designer installed , and it was working perfectly . Did a windows 10 update and the program worked fine. Due to system issues had to revert back to windows 7 (64bit) and now designer & publisher refuses to open. 

Tried removing the programs and did fresh install, still no luck.

regards 

Andre

Hi Lee 

Yes at the first install I received a msg...something about .net framework ...anyway did a (Windows)  update and everything worked fine .

Installed 10 and everything worked fine as well ..

Reverted back to windows 7 as I had a system issue ..and that's where the applications did not want to open.

Currently I'm busy 're-installing win 10 to see if that solves the problem.

Regards 

Andre 

3 hours ago, Andre1wp said:

Reverted back to windows 7 as I had a system issue ..and that's where the applications did not want to open.

After that reversion, did you perhaps end up again with a system that does not have the proper .net version installed?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt 

Apologies for the late response, its a long weekend in South Africa so in that festive mode.

Update to the designer not installing: I've reloaded windows 7 onto my pc...(fresh install), installed affinity again , and it now works perfectly. I've decided to run it on windows 7 ( for now) , because I suspect that the switching between the two operating platforms corrupted the Affinity Designer software.

Will monitor , and give feedback later.