You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sudden shut-down

Version 1.7.0.192 (beta) with Win 10 fully updated.

I had a text box with a small graphic inside it, and text wrapping round it. The option to move the graphic with the text was turned off. I needed to move the text box down a couple of millimeters, and did so. The graphic stood still, of course. So then I selected the graphic. But when I tapped the Down arrow to move it down into alignment, the program suddenly shut down.

The other programs open at the time were Google Chrome browser and Logos 8 Bible Software.

One good thing is that, when I re-opened Publisher, it offered me a recovery file, which was slightly more up-to-date than the last saved version of a few minutes earlier.

David Matthew

• Staff

Hi David,

I've had a bit of a play around doing similar steps to yourself and haven't encountered similar behaviour yet.

If you perform the same actions on the recovered/saved file are you able to reproduce this behaviour?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Publisher shuts down on high memory usage.

After doing a PDF export it uses 7 GB on my site that are never released until closing the app.

If you do an export amd continue to work after that almost every action in the tool can result into an shutdown. What you did must not be necessary be the cause.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.