AdamW

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.206

Wonderful new beta.  Thank you.

There is still an ongoing text glitch.  When using the full justify text setting, the last line in a paragraph often stretches so that the letters spread with wide spaces across the line.  When I try and use option-left left to tighten then only the spaces between the letters in a word tighten, and the large gaps between the words are left alone (they are conforming to fill the whole line).  In a full justify setting, the last line should be shorter than the preceding lines, obviously, but this odd behavior often happens, not in every instance. 

22 minutes ago, abarkalo said:

In a full justify setting, the last line should be shorter than the preceding lines, obviously, but this odd behavior often happens, not in every instance

Justify Left (if I've remembered the option properly) behaves as you want. I'm not sure that the behavior you describe for full justify is viewed as a bug.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.257 Beta

22 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Are you talking about File > Edit in Designer, or using the Designer Persona button? The former worked in .192 on Windows.

(Note: Unless the Mac Designer beta is different from Windows in this regard, there's a trap built into File > Edit in Designer. It's a one-way street, as there is no File > Edit in Publisher available in Designer beta.)

When I was working with v. 192 I had not yet purchased Designer.   So when I clicked on "Edit in Designer" I was politely informed that it wasn't in the cards.    Now that I have both a working Designer, plus the beta for Designer, and click on the "Edit in Designer" in v. 206 of Publisher, it trots me over to Designer v. 1.7.0.3 where my Publisher document is ready to fiddle with.    Doesn't matter.  It is STILL a lovely surprise.

2 hours ago, abarkalo said:

In a full justify setting, the last line should be shorter than the preceding lines, obviously, but this odd behavior often happens, not in every instance. 

I find - like Walt - that JUSTIFIED LEFT works very well.   If you have JUSTIFIED ALL as your initial setting, you may need to highlight the entire paragraph to change settings. 345086098_ScreenShot2018-12-14at3_01_52PM.thumb.png.21a27cce56b40767c8267a9884224994.png  

On 12/14/2018 at 6:43 AM, AdamW said:

Hi Alex White,

Ideally we need the actual file. If it’s sensitive, or large, we can arrange a secure upload. Please start a new thread if you would like to continue this.

Thanks, I'll start a new thread so we can discuss this.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, AdamW said:

Fixed Colour Profile in Resource Manager not updating when image replaced

thanks for the new update. I still have the problem that the color space is not updated in Resource Menager. I have exported from A.P. in CMYK color space deselecting metadata but in Resource Menager I see RGB.

30 minutes ago, padura said:

I still have the problem that the color space is not updated in Resource Menager. I have exported from A.P. in CMYK color space deselecting metadata but in Resource Menager I see RGB.

That's strange, I exported TIFF with ICC profiles (Greyscale, CMYK), and used them in Picture frame or dropping hem in the APub file, and the Resource manager is right, and the Color picker too.

2018-12-16_183755.thumb.png.bf77191d1108f74c3a903bdc293440da.png

@padura

Did you checked your APublisher document? Or with a new one? Seems it defaulted to RVB instead of CMYK.

Look at the colour format in APub. (In the Document setup, and when creating a new one)

2018-12-16_191353.png.eb4286cefdab33021377ddd8a1ac8116.png

Edited by Wosven
Added picture

3 hours ago, Wosven said:

@padura

Did you checked your APublisher document? Or with a new one? Seems it defaulted to RVB instead of CMYK.

Look at the colour format in APub. (In the Document setup, and when creating a new one)

2018-12-16_191353.png.eb4286cefdab33021377ddd8a1ac8116.png

Now it's ok, thank you