You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.206

Wonderful new beta.  Thank you.

There is still an ongoing text glitch.  When using the full justify text setting, the last line in a paragraph often stretches so that the letters spread with wide spaces across the line.  When I try and use option-left left to tighten then only the spaces between the letters in a word tighten, and the large gaps between the words are left alone (they are conforming to fill the whole line).  In a full justify setting, the last line should be shorter than the preceding lines, obviously, but this odd behavior often happens, not in every instance. 

22 minutes ago, abarkalo said:

In a full justify setting, the last line should be shorter than the preceding lines, obviously, but this odd behavior often happens, not in every instance

Justify Left (if I've remembered the option properly) behaves as you want. I'm not sure that the behavior you describe for full justify is viewed as a bug.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Are you talking about File > Edit in Designer, or using the Designer Persona button? The former worked in .192 on Windows.

(Note: Unless the Mac Designer beta is different from Windows in this regard, there's a trap built into File > Edit in Designer. It's a one-way street, as there is no File > Edit in Publisher available in Designer beta.)

When I was working with v. 192 I had not yet purchased Designer.   So when I clicked on "Edit in Designer" I was politely informed that it wasn't in the cards.    Now that I have both a working Designer, plus the beta for Designer, and click on the "Edit in Designer" in v. 206 of Publisher, it trots me over to Designer v. 1.7.0.3 where my Publisher document is ready to fiddle with.    Doesn't matter.  It is STILL a lovely surprise.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

2 hours ago, abarkalo said:

In a full justify setting, the last line should be shorter than the preceding lines, obviously, but this odd behavior often happens, not in every instance. 

I find - like Walt - that JUSTIFIED LEFT works very well.   If you have JUSTIFIED ALL as your initial setting, you may need to highlight the entire paragraph to change settings. 345086098_ScreenShot2018-12-14at3_01_52PM.thumb.png.21a27cce56b40767c8267a9884224994.png  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 12/14/2018 at 6:43 AM, AdamW said:

Hi Alex White,

Ideally we need the actual file. If it’s sensitive, or large, we can arrange a secure upload. Please start a new thread if you would like to continue this.

Thanks, I'll start a new thread so we can discuss this.

On 12/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, AdamW said:

Fixed Colour Profile in Resource Manager not updating when image replaced

thanks for the new update. I still have the problem that the color space is not updated in Resource Menager. I have exported from A.P. in CMYK color space deselecting metadata but in Resource Menager I see RGB.

30 minutes ago, padura said:

I still have the problem that the color space is not updated in Resource Menager. I have exported from A.P. in CMYK color space deselecting metadata but in Resource Menager I see RGB.

That's strange, I exported TIFF with ICC profiles (Greyscale, CMYK), and used them in Picture frame or dropping hem in the APub file, and the Resource manager is right, and the Color picker too.

2018-12-16_183755.thumb.png.bf77191d1108f74c3a903bdc293440da.png

• 1 month later...