Hi NAMTAP and Welcome to the Forums,

This option hasn't functioned in Photo for a while and has also been removed from the latest Beta, so won't be in Photo going forward, main reason it's a feature more suited towards a vector design app.  It is possible to still do this action in Designer and it does work.  Feel free to check out the 10 day trial of Designer and you'll it functions correctly.  The option is on the Stroke Studio, just select the text, click on the stroke Studio and click on the Paint Brush icon.  If you now select a brush, that brush will outline the text. You can get the trial version from here

Hi Stokerg,

Thanks for the info. I do hope this option will get included in Photo (once upon a version...). I tried the stroke effect in Designer (I work with that too) and it works, but ... I can't seem to import my newly bought brushes (xenon-fusion and xenon-galactic). Any advice there (I'm using the latest version of Designer on a Mac OS 11.6)?

Best, N.

2 hours ago, NAMTAP said:

... I can't seem to import my newly bought brushes (xenon-fusion and xenon-galactic). Any advice there (I'm using the latest version of Designer on a Mac OS 11.6)?

Because they are raster brushes, they will only appear in the Affinity Designer Pixel Persona's Brushes panel. 

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1