I am currently designing some custom blu-ray covers for my films at home and build everything off a basic template file. When I edit in the release date of the film I have to adjust the year in a text field on the front, on the back, and multiple times in the copyright block below the barcode. I was thinking it would be great if I could edit all of these at the same time so I don't have to hunt down every instance of it. I think the best way to do this would be to have a system of global variables. I could create a custom variable called [Date] and embed that in my template file. When I start to work on a new film cover I would simply set that variable to equal a different year and in one action I will have saved a lot of time. The same logic could apply to graphics as well if a user needed to replace a logo.

You can look into using symbols in Designer or global variables in Affinity Publisher (free beta available for testing)

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.