You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not sure if mean something else here, but File -> Save As and File -> Export do offer common system navigation panels, which in turn allow you to browse to a destination location of your choice.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, mikerofoto said:

I know there is “common” but instead of having a long list, why not keep like 5 used and the option to select/search

What @v_kyr means by "common system navigation panels" is whatever the operating system supports for navigating through folders & their sub-folders in all accessible storage locations, including local & remote (cloud) ones. I am not sure if you are on Mac or Windows, but for Macs, the Save window offers both a search field & a popup list of suggested storage locations that includes a "Recent Places" category.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes, the MacOS system save window offers a bunch of customization features and different selectable views here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

54 minutes ago, mikerofoto said:

Im on a Mac and all I got is the suggested, no search field, so I always end up dragging in the specific folder I need it to be. Files are tiff 16bit and I export in jpeg 8bit.

What happens if you click on the button shown in red below?
172073644_saveasmini.jpg.7b49d46cee5b66c495deea2f91167cf2.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Not sure I understand where the overall problem is, if you click the "Where" popup list it also shows favorites which you can customize to your likes (folder locations) here.

• For adding to Favorites just drag the folder to the desired position in the sidebar. This adds the folder to the sidebar in every current and future Finder window, as well as Finder Open/Save windows/sheets.

add_fav.gif.f2bde042673763287d7b52921b138218.gif

• Removal is then done by dragging the folder from the Favorites sidebar out to the side.

remove_fav.gif.33993d776260c97d219bf0e1407a0bac.gif

9 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Not sure I understand where the overall problem is, if you click the "Where" popup list it also shows favorites which you can customize to your likes (folder locations) here.

• For adding to Favorites just drag the folder to the desired position in the sidebar. This adds the folder to the sidebar in every current and future Finder window, as well as Finder Open/Save windows/sheets.

add_fav.gif.f2bde042673763287d7b52921b138218.gif

• Removal is then done by dragging the folder from the Favorites sidebar out to the side.

remove_fav.gif.33993d776260c97d219bf0e1407a0bac.gif

Thanks for that.

would be easier to just be able to search and select that folder then adding them to the sidebar.

fine with the favorite sidebar, but why there is no option to export to a specific folder?

2 minutes ago, mikerofoto said:

fine with the favorite sidebar, but why there is no option to export to a specific folder?

Somehow I feel like we are spinning around in a circle or talking past each other, or I really don't understand what you specificly mean with "no option to export to a specific folder" here?

Those are operating system wide shared and by applications commonly used load/save data panels, which do offer a unique functionality, which you can customize to some degree. If I want to export to a specific folder I navigate to that one and save. The panels usually also do remember the last used location when used next time. - Further I can setup as favorites own often used folders, so I can perform a quicker one click navigation to these then. - What else is needed or missing to export to a specific folder here?

1 minute ago, mikerofoto said:

Probably because there could be dozens of different folders on various local and/or remote storage locations that users typically would want to use for file storage. This is a system level feature, not one managed by an Affinity or any other app.

Affinity Photo 

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

Probably because there could be dozens of different folders on various local and/or remote storage locations that users typically would want to use for file storage. This is a system level feature, not one managed by an Affinity or any other app.

system feature, got it. I just thought that would be nice to have the option to choose which one to choose.