You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash with entering a number in the Pages Studio

This happens when I enter a number into the pages studio to jump to it, the caret is there waiting for me to enter a page number and as soon as I touch one of the number keys it crashes.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-12-11-075442_Bruces-MacBook.crash

num.jpeg.9b2ea4ce0e968ed61baf2cb02804a78b.jpeg

double click at the 8,9 of 486 to enter the caret.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

HI Old Bruce

A number of us here have tried this and we are not getting any crashes. Is it a particular document that you are getting this with or is it on all documents of any size? If it is specific would you be able to provide the document at all?

Thanks

Only happened yesterday, I guess a shutdown and restart cleared up the problem. Today with three different documents, including the original problem files, it all worked like a charm. Thanks for checking. I'll try to temper my enthusiasm when finding problems in the future.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:39 AM, Chris_K said:

HI Old Bruce

A number of us here have tried this and we are not getting any crashes. Is it a particular document that you are getting this with or is it on all documents of any size? If it is specific would you be able to provide the document at all?

Thanks

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-12-13-134206_Bruces-MacBook.crash

Moby 09.afpub

I have experienced such crashes, too.

It happened in a document I work on since some weeks. I opened it, ignored the often complaint about missing linked images, and did nothing than typing a number in the lower left corner of main window. APub crashed 2x, after the third app restart it worked (– and does it since, so I guess it is not related to that particular document). I did not reboot the computer between the trials.

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-12-13-115522_mbp1.crash

Affinity Publisher Beta_2018-12-13-115430_mbp1.crash

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I've noticed if you hover the cursor over the page-range field of the Pages panel, the scroll wheel on the mouse will quickly scroll through the pages of the document.

I'm using a Magic Mouse and sometimes the act of clicking in the page-range field causes a quick page scroll before I've clicked the mouse, leading to an unexpected scroll to a different part of the document.

I wonder if something similar is happening to cause the crashes: too many conflicting inputs being processed at once.

Is anyone else using a Magic Mouse?

[This was tested on a blank 50 page document. AfPub 1.7.0.206.]

[ macos 12.6 Monterey; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

I've also noticed inconsistent behaviour when clicking in the page-range field:

Most of the time the displayed range will disappear to be replaced with a blank field and a flashing cursor (as expected). But occasionally the numbers themselves become selected and highlighted. However, I can't reproduce this reliably. It may be related to the scrollwheel problem mentioned above.

Edit: Clicking in the blank field and then scrolling will scroll the document and highlight the page range.

Further edit: I also had a crash when entering a number on the keyboard number pad when the page-range was highlighted, but I can't reproduce this.

Edited by Jim_A

[ macos 12.6 Monterey; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.