You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There seems to be a limit of only ten construction items of each type across all artboards

Windows 10 Home (1803), Designer 1.7.0.188.

I have created multiple artboards in the same document and added some construction items.
When I add more than ten construction items of any type, one item of the same type goes missing from the same - or another - artboard. See attached GIF for a working example where you can watch them disappear.
I'm guessing that this isn't a deliberate design decision as it really limits the functionality.

minimum contruction items.gif

• Staff

Hi GarryP,

This is actually a intentional limitation by Ben. The idea is that they're only there for when you need them, so instead of creating them throughout your document, you just create them for the operation you are doing. These are also not saved with your document either.

10 minutes ago, Sean P said:

This is actually a intentional limitation by Ben.

Why can't you leave it up to the user to decide how many they need?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Ah. Having such a small limit is a bit of a shame.
Because of that they're not much good for what I was trying to do with them but it sounds like I was using them for the wrong reasons.
I didn't realise they weren't saved either, so maybe it's good that I found this out before I tried to rely on them.
(As per another post, I think things like this need to be documented for beta testers so they know whether they're looking at a feature or a bug. It would save a lot of time and effort checking and reporting things that are already known but not divulged.)
Oh well, I'll just have to use something else.
Cheers.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.