You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi I am new to Affinity photo,

I have a user problem or a bug of some description.

I am using version 1.6.5.123 on windows 10.My hardware is a AMD Ryzen 5 with 32 GB ram and a NAVIDA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB graphics card.

I have been trying to use the selection free hand tool, I have tried Freehand, Polygon and magnetic lasso, I have set it to new, add but the problem is the same. That is everything works as expected until I try to close the selection. I have selected the end point of the selection to close and I have tried to double click. Each time the selection disappears, I even tried to copy ,  thinking maybe the selection outline was not displaying, the selection had cancelled. I have watched tutorials on the use of the tool, I think I am doing it right.

Am I missing something or is there a problem with the software?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Check the selection isn't set to subtract or intersect on the context bar. Its an easy mistake to make.

Freehand-selection-Mode-options.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

8 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Don't double click at the end of your selection,it close automatically,just simply release the mouse button otherwise you deselect.

having re-read the post I think you are probably right on this @haakoo

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions