Please add better stroke width control. I attempted to use Affinity Designer for complex character lineart with the pressure graph tool. Unfortunately, it works only in simple cases. When many points are added it gets incredibly fiddly to change things or to even understand which point I have to move for editing. Not to mention the pressure graph often bugging out completely in complex situations either with points merging for no reason or point not moving at all and me having to close it down and turn it back up. The current solution is simply not good enough for many complex cases.

Moho Pro 12 (previously called Anime Studio Pro) has a great tool for this, simply called "line width tool". Here you can see it in action: 

Even Illustrator's version of this would be good to have: 

Just do something, please. Threads about his have been around for ages. In 2015 it was mentioned as being worked on yet it never landed. Only silence. No mentions of this improvement on the roadmap. This is such a fundamental missing feature that keeps me away from using Designer.

Previous threads: 

Same here, agree that for drawing Designer is just not good enough. If you want OK pressure control, you need to draw sloooow strokes, resulting in wobbly lines with way too many points. If you want smooth lines, you need do draw quickly, but then the pressure is sampled/processed by Affinity app at too low a rate, resulting in very ugly lines. Draw too quickly, and the curve is ignored completely, and you end up with a straight line with constant width (tested on i5 and i7 with ssd drives and 16gb ram, so it's not a hardware issue). Comparing this to Illustrator or Clip studio only shows how much Affinity  is lagging behind in this regard (pun intended ;)

... and any width control modification is not mentioned in the AD roadmap. We still do not know whether there is any plan to improve this function, sadly.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Unfortunately, I had to go back to Illustrator. I tried, I really tried to make the pressure graph work but it just doesn't have the fine control I need. I spent more time to get a worse result which is not acceptable. I'll check back occasionally to see if this gets improved because I really would like to stop paying Adobe.

That's actually not a bad solution. (keeping track until stuff gets to be more of your liking, while you use other tools)

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.