You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Graphic Styles in the Style Panel

Currently working through Designer 1.7.0.3.

Regarding the Styles Panel (which is basically a Graphic Styles panel), I have a few requests:

1. A built in None/Clear/Default style option or command that would make it easy to clear all object level Layer Effects and reduce the fill and stroke to a basic white fill and 1pt solid black stroke.
  2. The ability to edit/redefine an existing graphic style within the panel (via drag-n-drop from art board, right-click contextual menu, and panel menu).

• 1 month later...

Does 1.7 offer dynamic object styles? As it doesn't seem to be available yet on macOS I'm still on 1.6.1 and this is one of the most important features I'm missing doing UI work:

Being able to create an object style (say "Button outline") and apply it to all relevant such objects. Then, critically being able to CHANGE the style (adjust the stroke for example) and have all objects with the style applied to them update. Currently it seems I can create and apply styles, but I can't change them which to me removes 80% of the usefulness of having styles.

Incidentally, text styles in Designer work fine and just the way I would expect them, so it's surprising the object styles do not.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:01 AM, gafvert said:

Does 1.7 offer dynamic object styles? As it doesn't seem to be available yet on macOS I'm still on 1.6.1 and this is one of the most important features I'm missing doing UI work:

Being able to create an object style (say "Button outline") and apply it to all relevant such objects. Then, critically being able to CHANGE the style (adjust the stroke for example) and have all objects with the style applied to them update. Currently it seems I can create and apply styles, but I can't change them which to me removes 80% of the usefulness of having styles.

Incidentally, text styles in Designer work fine and just the way I would expect them, so it's surprising the object styles do not.

I would make this your own post so it can be seen by the devs. Right now it's buried under the original post's title.

• 2 weeks later...