You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to VistaPrint - files never fit the template!

When I export a file (converted to PDF) to upload to a service (in this case VistaPrint) the PDF file never fits the template corectly. I have used dimensions prescribed by VistaPrint to no avail.  I have tweaked and tweked setting but it seems impossible to make the image fit in the template correctly.  Can anyone help resolve this issue?   

Hi Mark,  

I am using the latest beta.  I am trying to create a piece of work to fit the VistaPrint requirements s follows:

Vinyl Banner - 122 x 183 cm - Indoor

Document Trim Size

182.9 x 121.9 cm 
5400 x 3600 pixels 

Full Bleed Size

183.6 x 122.4 cm 
5421 x 3615 pixels 
Finished artwork extend to fill the full bleed area to avoid white edges around.

I've had no problems with VistaPrint using the current beta, but I don't export as PDF, only as jpg or png using the exact pixel dimensions for full bleed.

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

13 hours ago, Swiggsy77 said:

When I export a file (converted to PDF) to upload to a service (in this case VistaPrint) the PDF file never fits the template corectly. I have used dimensions prescribed by VistaPrint to no avail.  I have tweaked and tweked setting but it seems impossible to make the image fit in the template correctly.  Can anyone help resolve this issue?   

A solution might be to ask them for a template. I'm saying this because I have designed business cards and the size they specify (bleed, safe area) wasn't the same as their provided template.

Here, I was able to find their template. You can open them in AD. I did an example using their Psd template that I opened in AD then exported as Flattened Pdf.

Screenshot.jpg

Scr2.jpg

Scr3.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.