WillRed

Photos not exporting

Hi, I recently got affinity photo but when I try to export photos it says it has done it but then the photos aren’t in the folders. I’ve checked the permissions in settings and there’s no problem there. I can save to affinity but nowhere else so I can’t use the photos. I’ve got an iPad Pro. Any ideas? Thanks. 

If you choose Save on the Export screen, the picture (in your chosen format) will be saved to the 'default ' location as determined in Settings. This will be a Photo folder located in either iCloud or On my IPad (depending on setting).

If you choose Share (bottom left corner) on Export screen, choose Files and Files will open. Then you can navigate to any desired folder to save your picture.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

Hi, thanks for your reply. I know this is the way that it is supposed to work but it won’t save to any folders. I’ve tried saving it to drive and to my photos and tried changing the file type, changing the file name etc,but even though it shows as saved in affinity when I go to the folder the photo isn’t there. 

10 minutes ago, WillRed said:

I’ve tried saving it to drive

Do you mean iCloud Drive, Google Drive, a WiFi- or Lightning-connected hard drive, or something else? :/

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

@WillRed could you do a screen recording to show what you are doing and what is happening? :)

On 12/11/2018 at 10:32 AM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Do you mean iCloud Drive, Google Drive, a WiFi- or Lightning-connected hard drive, or something else? :/

Hi I’ve tried exporting to iCloud Drive, google drive and photos on the iPad but the pictures don’t show up anywhere. It says it has saved them to these folders in affinity but when I go to the folders there is nothing there.

20 hours ago, DM1 said:

@WillRed could you do a screen recording to show what you are doing and what is happening? :)

Hi, yes I’ve taken a few screen shots. It goes through the saving process seemingly fine but then the photos don’t show in any of the folders I select. Thanks for looking!8A2C90E5-C55D-4018-82A6-B5D6C2497553.thumb.png.d20643ed686cd3cb736af571686d9f9a.png

B7AF949A-E180-429E-99CE-1DDDB125D013.png

2D2DE06E-44E2-4597-B4D1-0E181844BEBC.png

Try tapping on the ‘Filename’ box on the Export screen and giving the file a meaningful name before tapping on either ‘OK’ or ‘Share’.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hiya I’ve already tried that, if if try to save again to the same name it thinks there is a file already existing but it doesn’t show anywhere. I’ll put a screenshot to show you what I mean. 

337BEFAA-4019-4911-A860-BD606775BEDA.png

0AC64EDF-249B-47E4-B105-6B6FAA8B47A2.png

On iPad drag down from top of screen Type Untitled.jpg in search line.

1055A051-B69A-4A23-ADDB-6F739E222E20.jpeg

Hi Gabe, I’ve done a screen recording. When i just press save it looks like it has worked but the file can’t be found anywhere. When I try to share it just kept going back to the add screen and saying the file is already there, if I try to replace or keep both it just keeps going to the add screen until I cancel. It seems to think it has saved it but the file isn’t anywhere on my iPad. Thanks for looking!

Hi Gabe, I’ve done this and I can now see the photos in there -thanks! From there I have to then click share and then save images and then they go onto the camera roll in the photos app. Is there a quicker way of getting them there? Thanks for your help!

On the Export screen, select a save format eg. Jpg, then tap Share button and choose Save Image. That saves directly to the Camera roll.