rolfbe

1.7.x file format

released version 1.6.5.123 can't read .aphoto file saved with 1.7.0.188, has the fileformat changed? The file is a focus stack of 41 jpgs.

thx Rolf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home /  APhoto  /  ADesigner  /  APublisher  / latest (beta) versions

On 12/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, Chris_K said:

file cannot be opened by an older version. Cheers

Thanks a lot for this information. 

I was on an impression that Affinity at-least follow the "Plus" (X3-X8) option on older application.  

Kind regards 

Arun

| WIN 8.1 64 | i3 | 4GB RAM | APUB 1.7PP X9 | AD 1.7 | APH 1.7DP X8 | PHP X8 

The changes to, for example HSL layer seem to justify this.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Amature camera user, Adobe avoider. Still missing: HLS improvements, Raw development with sidecars, Gradient list in gradient layer/tool. Do want: Liquefy as Layer.

While backward compatibility (new software can open older format) for software is pretty normal and expected by users forward compatibility (old software can open newer format) is achieved by some rare products and has proven to be often come with serious drawbacks. It's usually also a time-consuming hassle to implement this. So it's fair and legit not to support it in my opinion.

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1809). Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 16 GB memory, NVidia GTX 780
Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.0.221