You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, first time on the forums. Just purchased Affinity Designer and hoping this can replace my need for Adobe Illustrator. First thing I was planning on doing was create a collection of 12 monthly calendars for 2019. I do this for my mother's business each year. I was looking around but don't seem to see anything simple which is what I am looking for. I also put some custom fields to be filled out by hand on specific calendar days. I was looking for something in this style: 

2018_calendar_powerpoint_2.jpg

Is this something I will have to do manually, change days month by month, or is there a 2019 monthly template out there?

You could use the Power Duplicate feature to create the date squares and day strip.

Power duplicate is Cmd + J (Ctrl + J On Windows)

For the dates

• Create a square and have it with no fill and a small stroke maybe 2-3 pixels
  • Type a number and position it in the top left corner
  • Now group the shape and the number
  • You can now power duplicate this by pressing Cmd + J (Ctrl + J On Windows)
  • If you move this duplicated group over until it snaps to the right side of the first group and power duplicate again it will duplicate and move to the right.

919125193_ScreenShot2018-12-10at17_44_20.png.dca3eb6e54bd49ed37ab7a6596273c82.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

See:

Or in case you want to try out the Publisher Beta, where calendars and the like are actually popular due to table editing, see:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!