You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Header style with image

From what I've seen, I would say that you can't do that now. I don't know whether Serif plans to support something like that, and I don't recall seeing that exact request before. It would be related to existing requests to allow images to be anchored to specific text inside text frames, but different (and more complex) because you're wanting it to be based on a style.

I suppose it could be an enhancement to the existing paragraph decorations, and would be interesting to have that available.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Exactly what I need, because heading formats will faster, if I can formats with image in future. Under Serif was not this feature, but I missed there too. Decorations was more there, under Publisher have only line, no endpoints, but I hope this image feature will show here in Publisher in future. 

7 hours ago, mykee said:

I have header with SVG or PNG, but I need apply this composition/group to other headers.

Hi @mykee,

as @walt.farrell pointed out this is currently not part of paragraph styles.

You could look into Assets, though. With Assets you can store a group of headline text with images and reuse these in your document. The drawback of this workaround is that it will not be part of the text flow.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 minutes ago, mykee said:

@dominik: Hmmm... Great tip! But create Asset after item was grouped, and I can drop this item out of textbox. Nice temporary solution, but yes, I cannot use in textpox for relative formatting (ex. margins, line-heights etc.) I will play with this solution :) 

I admit, it is a workaround or as you call it a temporary solution.

I think your idea to add pictures to Text Styles Decorations is very interesting (and perhaps a complex task ;) )

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Yes, will be great, if can embed to style, and format text with image (like SVG will great for resizing). I think header with an ornamental or an SVG lines will be nice and exclusive.

I try this Assets now, but will great here, if I can import images directly (SVG or PNG too), like a collection, but I cannot. Try a few trick, maybe I can upload my Asset category with a few images.

3 minutes ago, mykee said:

maybe I can upload my Asset category with a few images.

I'm looking forward to these and to try them out. Thanks!

d.

On 12/10/2018 at 2:58 PM, mykee said:

Can I save to style or a header template with images? I have header with SVG or PNG, but I need apply this composition/group to other headers.

Doesn't the "Symbols" panel enable what you want, as long you toggle in time with its "Sync"-button?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

45 minutes ago, mykee said:

great. but linked.

That's why I said "toggle in time with its "Sync"-button". – Button on > linked. Button off > not link.

47 minutes ago, mykee said:

symbol will no follow

Button off > symbol will no follow. Button on > symbol will follow.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Ok, I understand, but just think these steps:

- create a symbol

- put this symbol to many places

- unlink all

- change text or what you want on each items

- after a few days need change any symbol standard on one item, but need change this parameter on all headers too. If turn on link, then what's will there?