You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How selection could be improved with few steps

First of all thanks to the developers of AD, I start to appreciate the tool more and more. The learning curve is a bit steep and requires quite some video tutorials to understand certain features, but I am slowly adapting nice workflows.

Referring to a forum post where I asked how to select objects efficiently my question was answered, but I also came up with few improvments, that could be implemented probably rather fast: 

1. Affinity Designer Beta already allows Node selection via lasso. Very nice feature! However, it would be great to use it also to filter the selected objects. I believe it could be easily done by switching from node tool to move tool, leaving only the objects whoms nodes are selected.

2. Selection inside of existing bounds is not possible, I always start moving the pieces, which is fine. However by holding Shift before selecting, it would make sense to allow selection inside given bounds instead of moving.

(3. Rotating the canvas assists selection, however it is still limited to 15° and its always two mouse clicks away. A feature to rotate via touch has already been requested, so I place this point in brackets)

I would like to hear from developer side, if these requests make sense and if they are easy to implement.

Best,

M