Jump to content
Uncle Mez

Track Pad Zoom: Not Functioning (Beta 1.7.0.3)

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,
Well, i maybe missing something but i can't Zoom in and Out on ADesigner since the last beta install.
Tried to reset stuffs in there but nothing does... Well it is something i use a lot on projects ... like i said maybe i'm missing something here on how to get it working again.
Please instruct me and if it is a Bug of the new beta, please advice for a workaround.

Blessings !


Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using Mojave 10.14.1?  I have exactly the same issue on a laptop but it is not related to Affinity Designer in my case.  Try to see that the pinch/zoom does or does not work with other apps, even Safari. (Also triple check that your trackpad settings enable pinch zoom).  The really unfortunate but effective solution for now is to I close the laptop lid, wait a few seconds and then open again. Many people have reported this issue and I hope Apple fixes in the next version.  If you are on a PC then I think it's another issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, abarkalo said:

Are you using Mojave 10.14.1?  I have exactly the same issue on a laptop but it is not related to Affinity Designer in my case.  Try to see that the pinch/zoom does or does not work with other apps, even Safari. (Also triple check that your trackpad settings enable pinch zoom).  The really unfortunate but effective solution for now is to I close the laptop lid, wait a few seconds and then open again. Many people have reported this issue and I hope Apple fixes in the next version.  If you are on a PC then I think it's another issue.

Okay !

Well i'm not on Mojave but High Sierra 10.13.6 and it was working fine prior to the new install (actually did it with the stable version too).
Thanks for the tips, i have tried it and it's working fine ... Issue from Apple you said ? :35_thinking:


Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

Thanks for the tips, i have tried it and it's working fine ... Issue from Apple you said ?

Do you mean the issue is no longer occuring for you? Or the Pan/Zoom is working fine in other apps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sean P said:

Do you mean the issue is no longer occuring for you? Or the Pan/Zoom iseverywhefine in other apps?

Hello @Sean P Yes it is working now.

Simply close and open the lid and got it fixed.

Strange fix but it works


Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×