You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My very first work with Affinity Design.

StickMeInTheEye

A nice flyer and an interesting product.
If you are planning to use this flyer - or some variant of it - in the future I would suggest that you have it reviewed by a native English-speaker as some of the language used doesn't sound quite right. That's not a criticism, just a tip for future textual communications.

Hey GarryP.

Yes that is kind of hard because here in Finland we have to learn english way those are at books, not way they are speaking.
So there might be words what we think fit there well but real peoples cant see  any use etc.

Thanks for tip anyhow, we have to next time try that. This time we just really start too late making this flyer.
Thanks, product is pretty useful and hoping that it will hit big markets. :)

Guest said

Great work there, but you may wish to reconsider the corporate colour scheme. Both in nature and in industrial environments, black and yellow signify danger.

Agreed ... for the UK and also (down under) in the colonies ;)

Maybe not so for Finland though? I'm curious to learn more about colour association etc in Finland (Scandinavia generally).   

Basically we have same colors, only text is difference.
So why we choose this color, human eye and brains are weird mechanism, but actually when you notice yellow and black your eye will follow it.
Why, because we are always bit alert mode and that case those colors tell danger or warning something and human mind and eye will follow that.

We had nice slide color first but we think that simple color are easier handle and print correctly.

Nice, great to have that first project up!!

COLOR

While I agree that yellow / black are warning colors (largely because it is the highest contrast color combination), it's a combination I think is used a lot in the construction industry...from signs to vehicles and hard hats. Just a matter of evaluating if  association with those elements is a plus for your business, based on your company's profile.

CITY OF MELBOURNE

Just a heads up, the city of melbourne logo is similar in shape, though different in just about everything else in your branding. Still, probably good to keep an eye on them and make sure to conciously keep your branding in a separate direction than theirs, to avoid unwarranted comparisons.

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/pieces_of_melbourne.php

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely! There are bound to be coincidences and repeating elements in any aspect of creativity. Especially in the world of logos, where shapes are often bold and abstract.

Even if the creators have never seen each other's work before, two separately developed solutions can wind up having similarities, because they have applied and been influenced by concepts and processes that took them in a similar direction.