Sign in to follow this  
Diggs

Choice iPad for using Affinity photo

I am already using Affinity Photo, on an iMac. Now want to move to an iPad.  My current iPad is one of the first models (A1935). 16GB. I am am considering a refurbished model from Apple Canada. I believe the 9.7" retina  screen would be adequate. Question: What model do you recommend with size of GB. Secondly do you require a 'wand' of any kind?

Thanks in advance  Diggs 

The earliest supported model is the iPad Air 2, which is what I have. As for storage, anything from 32 GB upwards should be sufficient.

A stylus, although recommended, is not a prerequisite. If you want to use an Apple Pencil you will need either a 2017 iPad or a 2018 iPad, or any of the Pro models. I occasionally use a Meko stylus with my iPad, but I mostly just use my finger.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Try it on an iPad with Apple Pencil. There’s no going back. :1_grinning:

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

6 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

The earliest supported model is the iPad Air 2, which is what I have. As for storage, anything from 32 GB upwards should be sufficient.

A stylus, although recommended, is not a prerequisite. If you want to use an Apple Pencil you will need either a 2017 iPad or a 2018 iPad, or any of the Pro models. I occasionally use a Meko stylus with my iPad, but I mostly just use my finger.

Alfred...... Thanks for this it makes my choice easy  Diggs