You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher BETA: Text from Browser format mixed up

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like the text has come through just fine to me (unless I'm not seeing what the problem is).
All you need to do is change your text size/formatting and/or baseline grid and/or leading, as appropriate, via one of the tools/studios (see Help for instructions).
Publisher will normally try and use the last-used in-app text formatting for new text frames - or artistic text - so sometimes new text gets automatically formatted in a way you don't want. Publisher will not copy the formatting from your source document. You need to change the formatting as you need it but using Text Styles helps to mitigate this process by letting you apply formatting quickly.

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forum.

It looks like the text has come through just fine to me (unless I'm not seeing what the problem is).
All you need to do is change your text size/formatting and/or baseline grid and/or leading, as appropriate, via one of the tools/studios (see Help for instructions).
Publisher will normally try and use the last-used in-app text formatting for new text frames - or artistic text - so sometimes new text gets automatically formatted in a way you don't want. Publisher will not copy the formatting from your source document. You need to change the formatting as you need it but using Text Styles helps to mitigate this process by letting you apply formatting quickly. 

Garry, I use Drawplus and Pageplus 6. We just copy and paste text off the web all the time. Easy.

In Affinity Publisher, the leading is way off and it is very time consuming to get it back to readable text. 

I doubt this is a default setting for imported/copied text ?

My screen shot shows copied text on the left, in white and spoiled formatting. This is straight form the web.

Right hand side shows the same text copied into word. 

The black text frame is the the Word file text copied back into the frame in Publisher.

So it's publisher 're formatting the text'. So a bug ??

HGC Prelim 3018 RAtherton.jpg

4 hours ago, Mr T said:

So it's publisher 're formatting the text'. So a bug ??

Not necessarily. 

For example, presumably you created a Text Frame to paste into. That frame will have some defaults for font, font size, paragraph style, text style, and various settings in the character panel based on the last Text Frame you worked on.

They could easily cause issues like this you showed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Mr T,

Have you tried pasting the text into a completely new document? It might be down to an edited Body style in your current document, however without seeing the document I cannot tell.

Would you be able to attach your AFPub file, along with a link to the website you're coping the text from please?

Thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.