You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, newbie in Affiinty photo.

I like black and white photo with a slight warmth to it.

coming from lightroom, after an image is in black and white, i can use split tone to add warm to my image.

I'm wondering is there anyway for affinity photo to achieve similar results?

When i add split tone to a black and white image in Affinity Photo, it doesn't seem to add warmth to the image.

Thanks in advance.

You could either add a Fill Layer (Layer > Fill Layer)  with a nice colour selected and change the blend mode to Colour and drop the opacity of the Fill Layer to get the effect you want or you can use the Split Toning Adjustment filter.

No toning
1284904210_Filllayernotapplied.png.3b5a39ab3d78ee33b50dc9bcf524caf6.png

Fill Layer applied blend mode set to colour
133140781_Filllayerapplied.png.6339b9950e730ec19ab7e5220c248782.png

Split Toning Adjustment Filter Applied
980448499_Splittoning.thumb.png.e58d19a646749f4952a2415b1e3c8357.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

7 hours ago, ryan.lio said:

@firstdefence thanks for the detailed explanation. it works.

just for someone's else visiting this thread, previously my split tone didn't work because the split tone layer is before the black/white layer :>

newbie mistake. :>

You can make the split toning adjustment filter a child of the image so that it only affects that layer, any layer below it will be unaffected.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 4 weeks later...