You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disappearing Tools palette

When you undock the Tools palette and move the main application window to a secondary monitor the Tool palette disappears.

Easy to reproduce in v1.6.5.123 and the beta version v1.7.0.188

1) Start the application

2) View > [Uncheck] Dock Tools               ;Now you have a floating Tool bar.

3) Move the main application window to a secondary monitor. ;Notice the Toolbar moves appropriately with it.

4) Restart the application.

5) Notice the main Toolbar is no longer visible on any monitor.    ;***BUG!!!

P.S. If you move the Main application window back to the primary monitor and restart the application the Tool is visible again.

I get the opposite, If I drag my main app with the toolbar undocked, to my 2nd monitor, the toolbar does not follow. It remains in the primary. However with the app in my 2nd monitor, undock the toolbar, then drag the main app back to my primary monitor, the toolbar follows along.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

52 minutes ago, stewart_whaley said:

It's not about the toolbar following ... it's about it disappearing when on the secondary monitor [and undocked].

Ok, well that's not happening here.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Hi stewart_whaley,
I've just tried this myself and have been unable to reproduce it. Restarting the application brought the toolbar back visible. Would you be able to do a screen recording showing the issue, and also what resolution your monitors are set to, what display DPI they're using, and also how you have them set up.

Thanks!

Actually looking at it a bit further it seems to be related to the Primary monitor having Windows [10], "Display Settings > Scale and Layout" set to anything other then 100% (eg: 150% in my case).

So set your Primary monitor to 150% and then start Affinity Photo v1.6 [or v1.7.x Beta], move the main window to a secondary monitor and toggle the, "View > Dock Tools". You should notice the main, "Tools" disappear.

So the kind'a weird thing here is that the settings on the Primary monitor are effecting the secondary monitor(s).

P.S. Let me know if this scenario is reproducible on your end ... if not I'll screen record.

• Staff

Hey stewart_whaley,

I managed to reproduce this on my setup using two 1080 panels. The main monitor set to 150% and secondary at 100%

I've recorded a video and will log it with the developers. Oddly, we still couldn't reproduce this on Sean's setup but he's using a 4k monitor with a 1280x1024 19" monitor so it looks like a few factors are to be considered here when reproducing this.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.