You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Document in CMYK

Hello Affinity users!

I am a new user, print designer, learning both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping me with the learning process. :)

When I go to set up a new document in AD, I am not given a choice of CMYK as a color space. Is this normal? In AP, the choice is available. From the get go, my preference is to set up a document at exact size in inches, in CMYK, at 300DPI. It seems that my choices are for web use rather than print.

Any help is appreciated.

Terri

23 hours ago, Terri S said:

Hello Affinity users!

I am a new user, print designer, learning both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. Thank you in advance for your assistance in helping me with the learning process. :)

When I go to set up a new document in AD, I am not given a choice of CMYK as a color space. Is this normal? In AP, the choice is available. From the get go, my preference is to set up a document at exact size in inches, in CMYK, at 300DPI. It seems that my choices are for web use rather than print.

Any help is appreciated.

Terri

If you tap below 'Document', where it probably says 'Device' you have the option of Print (Press Ready). That automatically sets the colour to CMYK. Below that, you have the option to set the paper size. Mine shows A4  and the dimensions are in millimetres. If you choose a US paper size (like Letter), the dimensions will be in inches.

Alternatively, you can tap on the 'Units' part and set it to inches or tap on 'Colour'and set it to be CMYK.

cmyk.jpg.0a5023062dbbeda8290b692a3b695927.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thank you toltec, for your thorough answer to my question.

I finally found the choice for CMYK. I was scrolling down, and did not realize there were more options until I scrolled up in the choices. At first, it was not intuitive to me because it looked like I was at the top of the list of choices, and was not.

good to be learning new things!