You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicating Pages

The popup menu for pages has a “Duplicate” menu item. This menu item is inefficient for adding a lot of duplicate pages.

The suggestion here is to add a new menu item called “Duplicate Pages...” that functions in a similar manner as the “Add Pages...” menu item.

2 hours ago, MrMurfMan said:

This menu item is inefficient for adding a lot of duplicate pages.

Make a master page and apply it to the pages instead of duplicating them.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Make a master page and apply it to the pages instead of duplicating them.

What I think you are missing here is a page that has something in it like a text box to which I will flow text from a page to page. In this case, the master page won’t help since the text box is on the page itself and not the master page because putting a text box on a master page is inactive on the actual page. Am I missing something here?

If I want to add 50 pages with a certain set up, duplicating pages is a pain when you have to do it one at a time.

If your purpose is to duplicate the page that has a single text frame on it, so you can insert a lot of text, Affinity can do that for you automatically.

Insert the text into the first frame, allowing it to overflow. Then shift-click on the red triangular link icon on the lower right of the frame (next to the red eye icon). As many pages will be created as needed to hold all the text, and the text will flow between them.

(Of course, if that's not your goal, this may not help you :))

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 minutes ago, MrMurfMan said:

What I think you are missing here is a page that has something in it like a text box to which I will flow text from a page to page. In this case, the master page won’t help since the text box is on the page itself and not the master page because putting a text box on a master page is inactive on the actual page. Am I missing something here?

If I want to add 50 pages with a certain set up, duplicating pages is a pain when you have to do it one at a time.

Until Affinity gets the Master Pages working properly regarding text frames not copying and applying onto every page what we put in them then yes it is a pain. Death by a thousand cuts.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Insert the text into the first frame, allowing it to overflow. Then shift-click on the red triangular link icon on the lower right of the frame (next to the red eye icon). As many pages will be created as needed to hold all the text, and the text will flow between them.

Yes, that is helpful. Thanks.

There are other times where one needs to duplicate pages which don’t fall under that case.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Until Affinity gets the Master Pages working properly regarding text frames not copying and applying onto every page what we put in them then yes it is a pain. Death by a thousand cuts.

Out of curiosity, has Affinity stated that they are changing the design from what it currently does to handle these situations?