You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient as Global Color

Swatches Pane > Document Palette: I am not able to get a global gradient color swatch.

1. When I use  a click of the tiny right gray palette icon next to the pulldown menu then nothing happens.
2. When I ctrl-click an existing gradient swatch there is no entry "Make Global" - as it appears for plain colors.

Since I can not imagine this to be a deliberate feature I assume it as bug.

1847520271_globalcolorgradient1.jpg.f7329b3386501e776264e4902c9afcae.jpg          1016193266_globalcolorgradient2.jpg.5fd34676e6dbe72737ac9251b5405342.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@Chris_K, that sounds strange to me. – So I extend my bug report:

Gradients made from global color swatches ignore the swatches global property.

1. Create a gradient with global color swatches as the gradient's node colors.

2. Change the color value for one of the applied global swatches.

3. Result: The global swatch gets changed but the gradient using that global swatch does not show the new color.

This appears to be either an error of the global swatch property or of gradients.

To me it appears so not-understandable that I only can imagine it was not in purpose but simply forgotten to get coded.

Similar as the absence of the gradient-color-nodes window in swatches panel to edit gradients colors. The feature, the panel, the code which makes it work – all existing, but just not marked to appear in swatches panel?

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.