You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient swatch editing looses gradient

Swatches palette:
1. When I double-tap a gradient swatch then a color selector window pops up.
2. As soon I move any slider, the swatch changes from gradient to plain color and the gradient is gone.

• I can not use the undo menu to get the gradient swatch back; the swatch edit does not appear in the undo history list, similar to other swatch panel actions.
• This behavior of a gradient swatch color change is not dependent on whether an object was selected before the swatch edit, or only the swatch alone.

So the bug appears to be ...
... the lack of the gradient options window here as a step before the single-color-selector window. *
... the missing entry in the undo-history

This lack of the gradient options window occurs also when you hit the round gradient preview in the up left corner of swatches panel.
* I'd expect those edits to work like the fill box gradient section in the menu bar: There you first choose a gradient color node before edit "the"/any gradient's color.

p.s.: comparable but not equal:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/74239-colour-swatch-inconsistency-between-apub-and-ad/&do=findComment&comment=387410

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Pic 1 + 2: the unwanted/unexpected/failing windows ... and Pic 2 + 4: their wanted/desired/working equivalent :

Unwanted:
color selector window ignores various colors of a gradient and reduces them to 1 only:

385111453_gradientswatch1unwanted.jpg.7e207c30beb6331f9ba30021b49a9cf4.jpg    24939689_gradientswatch2unwanted.jpg.65c2a4ac06e43d946494b2a455a0e2d2.jpg

Expected:
color selector window differentiates between more than 1 color of the gradient:

1044825393_gradientswatch3awanted.jpg.c883a55f892f259214fac473087c7c83.jpg     1156467110_gradientswatch3bwanted.jpg.2a1524f9961c630ced0c6ba13bb640ac.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi thomaso

The lack of undo is because you are using these in an application palette not a document one and undo applies to the document, not the entire application. I shall pass on the ability to edit gradient swatches as gradients as this affects all our apps

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.