You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quickly Overwrite Imported Images in Photo

Export Dialogue vs. Quick Export  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What does the community think: Should the possible Quick Export option be added or should we just deal with the Export Dialogue and carry on doing things slowly?

• Export Dialogue
    • Quick Export

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2019 at 04:59 AM

In GIMP, when you import/open an image, you can make your edit(s) to said image and then immediately export it in it's original format with a simple hotkey or with two (2) simple clicks (File > Overwrite "example-image.jpg").

You can see this in the image attached.

Please implement this feature or tell me how I can do something similar in no more than 2 actions. It GREATLY improves workflows of this nature.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_1.png

Convenience is both the thing that pushes humanity forward and the thing leading us to doom.

Not me though. Y'all be easy.

Primary System: Arch Linux (dual-booted with Windoze for some paid apps that can't run on Linux yet)
Secondary System: Android Tablet

Apps: Krita | CSP | Blender | Inkscape | Affinity Suite | Quoll Writer | NovelWriter

As of this post I decided to use GIMP to crop over 200 images just for the speed. I know that Photo has batch image opertations but cropping is only done if the image is over a certain pixel size which means it will not do what I want on most images.

Just a quick update on why this feature is needed.

Convenience is both the thing that pushes humanity forward and the thing leading us to doom.

Not me though. Y'all be easy.

Primary System: Arch Linux (dual-booted with Windoze for some paid apps that can't run on Linux yet)
Secondary System: Android Tablet

Apps: Krita | CSP | Blender | Inkscape | Affinity Suite | Quoll Writer | NovelWriter