You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

main figures replace those removed

I'm new to all of this.I found a text ( i.e. do this then this ) on how to remove figures using in paint tool,i couldn't follow the video things,& it worked on some photos.On others the unwanted figures were removed but parts of the main figures appeared in that area.What is going wrong ? any ideas.Thanks.

• Staff

If you're using the Inpainting Tool, sometimes it can depend on the image you are working on, if it's too busy/complicated it may not have enough information to replace the highlighted area. If you upload the photo, letting us know what you're wanting to remove  we may be able to offer other solutions.

Thanks for reply.I've played around with it,removing a bit at a time & to a degree it worked,not really a satisfactory way to do it though.If i upload the photo,a photo of a school day,my neice & mother,can they be lifted by anyone using this forum.I obviously wouldn't want that.

1 hour ago, Cliffw said:

Thanks for reply.I've played around with it,removing a bit at a time & to a degree it worked,not really a satisfactory way to do it though.If i upload the photo,a photo of a school day,my neice & mother,can they be lifted by anyone using this forum.I obviously wouldn't want that.

I understand your (well founded) concerns about your niece & mother, perhaps you can find a similar image with 'things' instead of people which gives you the same problem to upload.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

20 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I understand your (well founded) concerns about your niece & mother, perhaps you can find a similar image with 'things' instead of people which gives you the same problem to upload.

Edited by Cliffw
photo not correct version

28 minutes ago, Cliffw said:

Sorry about that,thought it might be better if i showed a before & after.

If i use the in painting tool & go to top left & remove the area from the kerb stone up & try to remove the rectangle area containing  the window,the door arch replaces the window area,so you then have two archways.

Wales .jpg

Wales 1.jpg

For something like this you will get better results by using the Clone Stamp Tool instead of the Inpainting Brush Tool, but inpainting might prove useful for tidying up after cloning.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)